Choose a service level that fits your needs.
We can work alongside your existing IT team or act as your entire IT department.
Completely let go of IT worry while gaining a fully qualified IT team that handles everything from IT strategy planning down to paper jams.
Ideal for companies that are constantly distracted with IT problems that take focus away from core business functions. Offload all of your IT to us and get back to growing your business.
Compliment your existing IT team with selected services that free up internal resources for tasks more focused toward business goals.
Ideal for companies that have IT technicians in-house but no defined IT strategy or management. In addition, our services can fill the gaps in your IT to eliminate any major problems that occur.
Have a difficult and long-standing IT challenge? Ask us, we can solve your most difficult IT challenges so you can shift focus back to where it it needs to be.
Quite often, IT can be plagued with one or two long-standing issues that equate to inefficient business operations. If you would like help solving these issues on a one-off basis with no recurring commitment, we can help. There is no problem we cannot solve.
After an initial consult, we will recommend one or more services based on your unique needs.
Your IT systems are mission-critical to your business. If there is a problem, your IT team needs to know in order to remediate and maximize your uptime and productivity. You also need to know how things are running even when problems don’t occur.
Mod1’s NOC is a fully managed, turn-key service that will remotely monitor your critical IT systems 24/7 for any issues and alert NOC engineers immediately. Proactive monitoring and alerting means many problems can be stopped before they affect user productivity and cause downtime and ultimately, financial loss.
Automated monthly reports tell you the health of your IT systems and shows any incidents that have occurred.
Mod1’s NOC services are tiered, allowing you to choose the most effective plan for your organization.
Monitoring & Alerting Areas
- Servers & Workstations – any metric including CPU & Memory Load, Temperature, Storage Space, Drive Health, Windows Updates, Cluster & Virtual Machine Health
- Applications – Database Servers, Windows Services, Antivirus, Backups
- Operating Systems – Windows (including Hyper-V), Linux, VMware
- Network Devices – Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Access Points, Security Appliances, IP-PBXs
- Connectivity – Internet, Intranet, VPN, WAN, Metro-E, MPLS links
- Web Sites & Services – Corporate Web Sites, Mail Servers, Load Balancers, any Cloud-Based Service including Google Docs, Office 365
- Infrastructure – UPSs, Generators, Automation Equipment
- Other – Log Files, Environmental Sensors (Temperature, Humidity), any device with SNMP support
Mod1 maintains connected-asset inventory for all supported servers, workstations, laptops, printers, and network devices. Information tracked includes warranty, serial numbers, asset tags, and licensing details. This makes it very simple to renew and claim on warranties, get alerted for expiring warranties, and track your business’ IT assets real time.
- Proactive Care – Detect and fix problems before they interrupt business operations
- Detailed Metrics & Visibility Accessible by Client
- Minimize Downtime & Maximize Uptime
- 24/7 Best Practice Monitoring & Alerting
- 24/7 Response Availability
- Automatic Remediation Available
- Reporting – Transparent & Insightful IT Management
- Fast Onboarding Process & Easily Scalable
- Integrated Ticketing with KPI Metrics
- SLA Response Time Compliance
- Agentless Monitoring
- Customizable Ticket Escalation Workflows
- Policy Enforcement
Mod1’s Help Desk service provides always-available technical support to you and your staff when problems arise. When staff can’t print, email, access files, or simply need assistance with performing an unfamiliar task, Mod1’s certified support personnel are always ready and waiting to help. Most issues can be quickly resolved over the phone or via remote session. However, on-site service calls are made when necessary. This ensures that you and your staff are as productive as possible and not waiting around on paid time for problems to be resolved.
Mod1’s Help Desk serves as a seamless extension of your business as either your sole IT support team or an augmentation to your internal one. The service is available 24/7 to ensure you and your users get the support you need when you need it. Choose from Remote + On-Site or Remote-Only service.
Support is delivered by certified, trusted and experienced personnel who are familiar with your unique IT environment and capable of handling everything from very simple to the most difficult problems. There has never been a problem we could not solve.
Mod1’s advanced ticketing system ensures that all support requests are logged and tracked to completion using either our pre-defined workflow or one that is customized based on your organization’s unique needs. The system tracks KPIs defined by the level of service you have with us and is reported on monthly to show that service is being delivered as expected.
In addition, Mod1’s ticketing system can be extended to you to become your internal ticketing system that your in-house support staff can use. Fully supported and customized by Mod1, it is the simplest, yet most functional ticketing system that can be tailored to suit your specific requirements.
- 24/7 Technical Support Available
- Onshore, Nearshore, Offshore (North America) Personnel
- Highly Experienced Support Personnel Familiar with Your IT Environment
- Staff can request support via Email, Phone, Desktop App
- Advanced Ticketing System with KPI Metrics
- ITIL-based Service Delivery Processes
- Reporting – Transparent IT Management
- SLA Response Time Compliance
- Customizable Ticket Escalation Workflows
- Client Portal to Create & Track Tickets
- Fixed fee for ease of budgeting
Virtual CIO (Chief Information Officer)
Virtual Chief Information Officers help guide success and maintain a competitive advantage for your company with strategic advice on leveraging technology for cost savings, risk reduction, efficiency improvements and revenue growth. With a Mod1 Virtual CIO who understands the role technology plays in your business, you’ll experience the benefits of a CIO at a fraction of the cost of a full-time employee.
Strategic Development & Management
- Creation and maintenance of annually updated technology strategy, including recommendations for hardware, software, backup, security and cloud services. Consults on ERP and line of business application selection and implementation available for an additional fee.
- Periodic meetings to review network issues and give insight into opportunities for improving security, performance and employee productivity.
- Advanced and Premium clients benefit from management of technology projects we are engaged to deliver, including supervising subcontractors & employees and providing status reports.
- Premium clients also benefit from:
- Budget and forecasting guidance for effective allocation of your technology investments.
- Analysis of your technology security compared with industry best practices, and recommendations to mitigate risk.
- A basic disaster recovery plan designed to protect you in event of data loss. Expanded plan available on a billable basis.
- Assistance with creating IT-related sections of company policies and manuals.
- Virtual CIO availability for up to 2 hours per quarter to participate in board, client or IT strategy meetings.
- Coordinate with service providers to resolve internet, host, and other issues
- Advanced and Premium clients benefit from systematic tracking and reporting on internal software license usage to ensure compliance
- Advanced and Premium clients benefit from negotiating, coordinating and identifying purchasing power opportunities with telecom, internet, copier, printer and hardware & software vendors
- Premium clients benefit from coordination responsibility with all hardware and software vendors.
- Free up internal IT resources for tasks more focused on business goals
- Executive-level IT guidance without the cost of hiring one
- Make informed decisions on how best to invest in IT to maximize return on investment
- Reduce your risk of financial loss through downtime, data loss and security breaches
- Gain insight into every aspect of your IT
- Conquer any IT challenge
- Align IT with your business goals
Properly maintained IT systems consistently improves the operational efficiency and security of your business. Mod1 automates many repetitive maintenance tasks that, when left to be done manually, are either not done thoroughly or at all. Poorly maintained systems can unknowingly put you on the path to systems failure and operational downtime which can easily be avoided but can have expensive outcomes like bad customer service and unproductive staff.
On-demand and scheduled reporting allows you to see the health status of your IT systems at any time. When certain maintenance tasks fail, alerts are generated to ensure the task is completed manually by a systems administrator.
Maintenance activities include:
- Roll out Microsoft Windows, Office, SQL Server, Exchange, and other updates and service packs on workstations and servers
- Upgrade of supporting software packages e.g. Java
- Remove unauthorized software from all computers e.g. torrent apps, toolbars, games, vulnerable software
- Replace hardware that is trending toward failure or has failed
- Ensure virus definitions are up-to-date
- Ensure on-site and off-site backups are working and periodically restore data to verify integrity
- Upgrade device firmware as necessary
- Reconcile security permissions on company files against documentation
- Keep IT systems running optimally so your business can do the same
- On-Demand and scheduled reports showing health of IT systems
- Mission-critical software assets protected with the latest security patches and software updates
- Maintain an acceptable level of security
Cyber Security has become a significant source of financial risk to organizations across the globe and should be an integral component of any organization’s risk management strategy.
Identifying the level of risk your organization faces allows you to plug the holes in your IT security and develop an incident response plan to know how to react if and when breaches occur so you are back up and running in as little time as possible.
Security assessments need to be an ongoing activity to ensure your organization’s IT security posture remains above a certain threshold.
Mod1’s Cyber Security department offers a wide range of standards-based services that helps you reduce risk, remediate issues, defend your systems, and build resilience against attack.
- Penetration Testing (Internal & External) / Security Audits
- Vulnerability Scanning
- Systems Hardening
- Risk Assessment
- Incident Response Planning
- Build & Configuration Reviews
- File Integrity Monitoring (FIM)
- IT Forensics
- Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) & Threat Intelligence
Mod1’s Cyber Security Team proudly holds the following certifications:
- GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN)
- GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA)
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
- Offensive Security Wireless Professional (OSWP)
- Significantly reduce risk of financial loss
- Boost resilience against attack by being able to recover quickly
- Gain insight into how secure or unsecure your IT systems are
Our comprehensive IT Audit provides you with a clear picture of the state of your IT systems to determine how effectively they are supporting your business operation. Identifying issues that affect productivity and areas of risk allows us to help you plan and remediate; giving you the peace of mind that your IT is working for and not against you. Mod1’s neutral end-to-end assessment of your IT systems provides reports on the following:
- Servers & Workstations – Health, Warranty Status
- Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Wireless Access Points – Configuration Health
- Operating Systems & Applications – Versions, Compliance, and Licensing information
- Vendor & Service Provider Contracts – Validity, Areas of Potential Cost Saving
- Policies – Backup Strategy, Security Strategy, Configuration Standards, Redundancy, Manual Processes in the Event of Failure
- People – How staff use systems for productivity
- Security – Data Access Permissions, Server & Device Configuration
- Systems Management
- IP-PBX / Voice Systems – Health, Areas of Potential Cost Saving
- Structured Cabling
Mod1’s IT Audit is for any organization interested in having a clear picture of their IT setup, identifying the current level of financial risk of IT, knowing how and where to reduce cost, and having a roadmap developed to improve and maintain operational efficiency.
Our awareness of such a broad range of technologies and services allows us to identify areas where businesses can significantly save on recurring costs while either maintaining or improving efficiencies. A Cost Reduction Assessment is a crucial component of our IT Audits that ensures you are maximizing returns on your IT investments.
- Gain full insight into your IT environment
- Know where problems lie and how to fix them
- Ensure your IT is helping drive business
- Reduce your risk of financial loss
- Maximize your returns on IT investments
Mod1’s Hardware-as-a-Service supplies quality business-class IT hardware at an affordable monthly fee to eliminate the high capital cost of purchasing new equipment yourself. This includes:
- Servers, Workstations, and Laptops
- Infrastructure – Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Wireless Access Points, UPSs
- Software – Microsoft Windows Desktop, Windows Server, Office, SQL Server, Exchange Server, and others
All hardware is standardized, covered under warranty and can be automatically upgraded or replaced to ensure that your business is not slowed down by old and underperforming equipment.
- Eliminate high capital outlays
- Automatic upgrades of hardware and software
- Fully managed and supported by Mod1
- All hardware covered under warranty
- Quality hardware – Dell, Lenovo, HP, Cisco, and more
- Highly scalable
Mod1 provides secure and fast business-class e-mail services with the following features:
- AntiVirus & AntiSpam protected
- Fully Managed – eliminate the need to host e-mail on-premise yourself
- Calendar, task and contact synchronization across all of your devices (additional fee)
- Access from anywhere using Outlook, WebMail, Mobile
- Unlimited sized mailboxes
- Easily migrate from existing email service
Mod1 designs, configures and installs enterprise-class WiFi networks for organizations requiring stable and manageable WiFi services for their users as well as for businesses needing to interconnect multiple sites where traditional fiber optic/wired cabling is cost-prohibitive or just not possible.
Mod1’s networks are fully managed giving insight into, and control of the number of users, bandwidth utilization, coverage areas, and more to maximize uptime and availability.
Our chosen partner, Ubiquiti, allows us to build wireless networks capable of easily and reliably handling data, voice, and media over wireless at a very disruptive cost compared to cable infrastructure.
- Enterprise-class reliability WiFi for guests
- Enterprise-class stability for connecting multiple buildings / multi-site connectivity
- Monitored and managed to maximize uptime/availability
- A fraction of the cost of fiber optic deployments
- Highly flexible for even the most challenging environments
- Highly scalable for companies that want to start small and expand as they go
Mod1 offers best-in-class secure, automated, and managed offsite data backup service that protects the client against data loss due to fire, flood, theft, data corruption, malware, hurricane, and other disasters. This service removes the need for archaic forms of backup such as tape drives where heavy reliance is placed on inefficient manual processes.
Daily notifications of successful backups are sent to us to let us know your data is safe. However, alerts are raised when errors occur which automatically generates a trouble ticket for a systems administrator to investigate and remediate. This removes the hassle of managing backups yourself.
When disaster strikes, it is not only crucial to have a backup of your data, but to also have the equipment needed to access your data in case of physical damage. Mod1’s Disaster Recovery service ensures that you can resume operations in an acceptable timeframe relative to the disaster.
- Secure backups to a different physical location
- Protection from malware, natural disasters, theft, flood and other threats
- Military-grade encryption of your data before and during transfer, and at rest
- Fully automated daily backups
- Managed and monitored giving you peace of mind
- Fast restorations
- Resume operations even if your hardware is damaged
Whether you are starting a new business or improving your existing one, Mod1’s engineers will take the time to understand your requirements in depth, design your IT infrastructure from the ground up and implement the systems you need to minimize technical problems and recurring costs, and drive the growth of your business. Efficient and effective IT systems are a key component of the foundation of successful organizations.
Mod1 provides Design & Implementation services in the following areas:
- Virtual Environments including High Availability Clusters
- Storage Area Networks
- Firewalls, Routing & Switching
- Wireless / WiFi
- Voice (IP-PBX & VoIP)
- Workstations & Laptops
- Connectivity (LAN, WAN, MPLS)
- Network Security
- Data Backups & Disaster Recovery
- Structured Cabling – Copper & Fiber Optic
- Backup Power
Once implemented, Mod1 can manage your IT infrastructure to ensure you are maximizing your return on investment.
- Personalized service from qualified and experienced engineers
- End-to-end service minimizing reliance on multiple service providers thus reducing management complexity
- Benefit from Mod1’s relationships with telecom providers and take advantage of discounted rates
- Benefit from Mod1’s efficient supply chain for hardware and software procurement
- Enterprise-class ITIL-based installation quality